OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   What to do with a $50 free bet? (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=29051)

The Ocho 26th September 2014 10:51 PM

What to do with a $50 free bet?

I've been offered a $50 free bet on BF to be used by Sunday night and was wondering what to do with it.

"This promotion is available on all products including the Exchange, Best of Four, Best of Five, Tote & Exotics, Multis and Fixed Odds.

You will be ineligible to participate in the Promotion if you use Cash Out on the same market in which your Qualifying Bet is placed."
(not sure what that means - can't trade maybe)?

What do you reckon - put it on a shortie? Maybe the AFL Grannie? Or go for an exotic?

All suggestions welcome.

Chrome Prince 27th September 2014 07:38 AM

Yes, that means you can't trade with it on the exchange, but you can arb if you desire!
I got a $10 free bet from a bookie and put it on the Hawks.

Best bet is look at Pinnacle Sports and back anything that's firming and lay it on the exchange. Or find an odds on favourite at the red hots and do the same with fixed odds / exchange.

TWOBETS 27th September 2014 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
I've been offered a $50 free bet on BF to be used by Sunday night and was wondering what to do with it.

What do you reckon - put it on a shortie? Maybe the AFL Grannie? Or go for an exotic?

All suggestions welcome.

Since you don't get to keep the stake TO, I would be putting this on a proven long shot system.

The Ocho 27th September 2014 11:32 AM

I figured that I would want to at least double my money so I have put it on the hawks to win in the AFL grand final being that they are my "second side" (first the saints). Thanks for the replies.

Pat123 27th September 2014 09:31 PM

I powered through $2,800 yesterday in 4 hours with a certain bookie (through trading of course) and then got a nice phone call in the afternoon saying "we've noticed you've been depositing quite a lot, so I'm gonna give you 10 x $50 free bets". I laid every one of them off. It was a great day!

Pat123 27th September 2014 09:38 PM

It depends how much you want from the $50 free bet. All free bets I try to arb so I get more than $50 (for example).

Yesterday with my $500 free bets, split in to 10 single bets, about half of them I laid off on Betfair and they were arbs. The others were super close i.e. back/lay odds 10.00/9.80 etc. With bonuses, and I guess most do this, I go straight for odds 9.00+ and if I'm lucky find an arb.

From the $500 free bets yesterday I ended up clearing about $500 from it and made about $550 through normal arbing on top at night.

The Ocho 27th September 2014 10:49 PM

Put the $50 on Hawthorn at $2.70 so cleared +$80.75 for my free bet in a great win for the Hawks.

Chrome Prince 28th September 2014 12:07 AM

I only got $2.40, but that was before they drifted a little.
Still happy with my $14.00 profit for nothing.
Pays for my Chinese Takeaway tomorrow ;)

The Ocho 28th September 2014 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
I only got $2.40, but that was before they drifted a little.
Still happy with my $14.00 profit for nothing.
Pays for my Chinese Takeaway tomorrow ;)

Did you enjoy your number 69, CP?

Lemon chicken?