View Single Post
Old 7th January 2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mer
Also what is a logical rule and what isn't, can you answer that simple question for me please?
Well, it seems to me that this is one of two sorts of systems often seen on this forum. One sort is where people have picked a set of parameters out of the air more or less because over a set number of races they have shown some advantage. As an extreme example, "Over the last month a lot of horses starting with A have won so I'll start a system which bets on horses starting with A". This is a rule having no particular logical basis that I can see.
The other sort is one where a rule might be "I'll bet horses which are down in class and weight". I can see some logic in this, if a horses is carrying less weight and racing against weaker horses it might do well.
This thread starts, as do many, with a set of rules and no explanation as to what they are based on. So, I did what I do usually and that's try to see if there is any logic behind the rules or if it is some backfitted nonsense to be put on my threads not to bother with list.
All the other rules if stretch my imagination I can find some logic for. Tab 1-7, horse possibly one of the better horses in the field (tenuous). Career starts 8 - 21 and Win strike rate combined mean horse has proved some ability and isn't worn out, etc., etc. But weight 54.5 to 57Kg, I'm sorry, I can't find any logic there. I thought perhaps it was something I hadn't thought of so, ever seeking enlightenment, I thought I'd ask.

KV