Thread: 2005 draft
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2006, 12:11 AM

The problem with Woewodin is that the perception is that he is too slow for the game. Not just with leg speed but with decision making. Several times last year I saw him get the ball yet hold on to it too long. The game these days is all about quick movement in to your forward line and this was not one of Woey's strengths.

Richmond would have been the last team to show any interest. Since Terry Wallace has come on board a huge emphasis has been placed on recruiting quick, skillful players. The game plan is all about getting it into the forward line quickly and therefore hopefully being a very offensive high scoring team. If you look at the Bulldogs now this is the way alot of their players play due to the recruiting of Wallace when he was still there. Woey would have been detrimental to the Tigers game plan and not even on the recruiting radar.

The only player I thought would have got picked but didn't was Damien Cupido. Gone are the days when clubs take risks on players who are perceived to be lazy or troublesome. Then again if Matthews or Sheedy couldn't convert Cupido's huge amount of talent into a consistent performer then I don't see who could have!