View Single Post
Old 29th January 2002, 12:22 PM

mac,

Don't get put off by the low P/T percentage. At least it's positive. I pick value winners quite consistently, yet I haven't managed to find a way to make my bank account positive yet. After about 2000 bets, my winners percentage is at 24%, showing a bank deficit of 12% on turnover at level stakes. I only bet on value runners - it's quite normal to see winners paying around 10-15/1 mark in my book. However, the 24% winning percentage hurt me in the end. I need about 27% to break even.

If you keep trying, you may find yourself on to something. I found it possible to improve the win percentage to around 30% but you'll have to accept poor value runners. The financial results would turn out to be worse. I have always focussed on races with reliable form lines, and the "reliable" 24% mark seems to be the best I could achieve. I'm now trying a radically different approach, getting value from unknown factors, i.e. betting on 2yo, maiden, jumps races. Positive figures so far :wink: but I won't uncork my champagne bottle until I've accumulated 500 bets or so.

Keep us posted with how you go. Good luck!