View Single Post
Old 21st August 2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEasyRun
Partypooper. Quite right, the mention of the average man equaling his wage and still keeping his job was a quick example to lead to quitting. And how you do not need a large betting bank to hold sway on $50,000 a year.

Filante. I did not mention uneducated people, nor $60,000. I only mentioned "needless" research, not any or all, and the only knowledge I talked about was the intimate knowledge of equations, and how they have no place in horse punting. Now..... $7 shots? good god man, you wont make a living at those odds........it must be over $7 to the dollar!

You dont have to buy it Chrome Prince as it's given away. You will however have to accept it one day.

Highly educated system boys are we?

Easy

1. You agreed with Chrome Prince's use of the word "uneducated".
2. You gave a figure of $5,000 a month profit = $60,000 per annum.
3. No research is ever needless - if an avenue of investigation leads you to the conclusion that something doesn't work, that is sometimes as useful as finding a winning method.
4. All racing analysis has at its heart a system or a matrix of systems. Statistics, systems and history give people a basis upon which to analyse form. A knowledge of mathematics, statistics, physics, econometric modelling etc. can form the basis upon which sytems are worked out - this cannot, as you suggest, be a disadvantage.
5. In the end, the making of a bet is an engagement in a debate of probability in which you believe the happening of an event is more likely than the odds suggest. If you have no education, training or research to give you an indication of that probability or if you do not have access to information compiled by someone who does, you will lose.

Enough from me. Your drivel has attracted more attention than was warranted.

Post some $7+ winners and I'll withdraw the drivel comment.

Cheers

Filante