View Single Post
Old 30th August 2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Chrome,
You have the art of mis-direction down to a fine art [I said: 'any idiot can use a calculator' which you have mis-directed to mean: 'any idiot can pick winners' etc. etc.

Only you could interpret [imply] from my post that what I referred to as 'punting' in the context of my post, meant anything else than making a profit and then move smoothly into reverse gear back to maintaining punting is all about mathematical formula: 'The whole gambling industry revolves around maths as Shaun said, that's how bookies and Betfair "traders" make their profit'.

The whole universe revolves around maths, but as with many pastimes, maths won't make you a good living from it. See how good a golfer, chess player, surfboard rider or lawn bowls player [or 'successful' punter] you can become with your mathematical formulas chrome :-))

PS: I ain't never seen you shine here picking winners mate, but you sure talk about it a lot [of hot air?] :-),

crash,

It wasn't misdirected at all, I was answering your generalization with the same mindset.
You don't need to use maths to be a good golfer, chess player, surfboard rider, lawn bowls player, nor handicapper.

You do need it to make a profit from that handicapping.

As for your wind up with the smiley face - I ain't biting.

You obviously never saw the $18,000 thread that disappeared.

The best stuff I keep to myself, the stuff in progress or trialled, I put here or in competitions as a live test.

Have you even bothered to look at the numerous threads I let disappear into the abyss because they are in huge profit?
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/06/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg