Thread: NHL
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2008, 04:25 PM

Default NHL

Ive been following the NHL for years. I regularly have a bet from my little slush fund and over the years cant believe the POT that can be returned. It far outweighs any other form of betting IMO. I've never set up data or stats or get into it as a system type set up rather just go over betting transactions to get the financials.

I go to sports.yahoo.com and click on NHL. I read the previews for each game and look for 2 things only.
1. The home team has a good home record. They have been wining of late. The away team isnt so good away. They havent really been winning of late.
2. Somewhere in each review they will tell you the teams record against each other. If the home team has a superior edge then thats the bet if #1 rule is good.

Today i had 1 bet. Nashville @ Anaheim. Heres some stats and quotes.

TeamGWLOTLPts StandingsGFGA Home/Road
Nashville402018242 4th, Central112117 8-11-1 Road
Anaheim442117648 3rd, Pacific107117 12-6-4 Home

They used two first-period goals to get a 4-2 win over the Ducks (21-17-6) on Dec. 8 after failing to get on the scoreboard until the third period in a 3-1 loss at Anaheim on Oct. 17 -- their fifth consecutive defeat at the Honda Center.

oK sure they beat them on their home ice but like all US sports thats normal. The next bit reads they havent beaten Anaheim in 5 starts in Anaheim.
The price $1.57+ the strike rate on this type of match up is around 75% IMO.
Over the years i am still amased at NHL prices.
BTW Anaheim won 5-2 and the Honda Centre hudu continues