View Single Post
Old 5th February 2008, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words Beagle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Good on ya Pengo, rightly or wrongly, you are at least trying to having a go, which is more than I can say for those who enjoy the past time of trying to demean people in front of others, just to be mean, with zero positive input to take its place.
Any one can throw hand grenades from a distance & offer nothing in its place.
It's this type of behaviour that has driven people from making some postings to none.

Back to business.
Heres a method that has good SR.

.Target the 1st & 2nd Betfair Favs
.Target Jockeys with a 15% & worse SR at that track.
.Target Trainers with a 15% & worse SR at that track.

The selection must have a trainer & jockey with the above stats.

One will find a lot that fall over a lot.
Bet 1% of bank if priced $1-3.50
Bet .6% of bank if priced $3.55-7.40

No bet if selection is $7.50+

Cheers.

It will be something to think about but adding trainers into the mix means more work! I'm trying for the simplest way with the least amount of time invested. Doesn't have to be perfect just profitable.

Still I'll look into it as once I got a table of stats, just like with the jockey's it'll soon be known who the regular bad trainer's are. Also I don't like laying favs as they do win !

Your suggestion is definitely something I will consider, as I don't really want to lay horses at long odds. As I am worried about that 100-1 shot coming in, and don't expect my system to be perfect! So using what you have suggested means I can try and minimise losses as I can lay horses at more reasonable odds. Also I want to be able to lay every race, so you can make that much more!