Thread: Staking Plans
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2008, 01:02 PM

G'Day Darky, yes I know where you are coming from, its seems popintless to try to make 3 or 4% doesn't it??? I used to think like that. I heard a quote from a bookie one day in England, he said most punters go to the track with $100 and expect to make a $1000, whereas the bookies go to the track and expect to make $100 for every $1000 taken to the track.

With staking plans, you need to compare the PROFIT ON TURNOVER, eg. say we have a progression 1,3,7,15,31 stop at a winner, so bet no 5 wins @ 1-1, so you are $1 in front but you have invested $57 = 1.75% POT, yes I know with this example you would be 3 points down at levels, but we are talking about the situation after many thousands of bets.

Just for an excercise, have a look at a plan where you are using a staking plan, add up the total amount you have bet divide by the number of bets and see what the POT would have been if you'd just bet the lot at level stakes.

eg. total amount bet = $2500 total no of bets was 100 , so what would have been the pot if youd just put $25 level stakes on each??

I'm sure that you will find that the POT doesn't alter, so what's the point in betting with a staking plan??

Just throwing brain cells around (the few that are left hee hee)