Thread: staking idea
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2003, 09:47 PM
Banned

I like the idea of reducing your outlay but any staking plan that increases stakes is doomed to failure because the dreaded run of outs will come and of course the next bet after you stop after your last large outlay will nark you and win! It has happened to me and that is why I have rethought the whole staking situation.

Actually any staking plan that requires increasing stakes is really several level staking plans running concurrently. So why not just stick to level staking.

I posted a level staking plan not so long ago called Chasing Losses with Level Stakes and the only response I got was that I might miss some shorter priced winners. So what? My plan suggested increasing the odds you need get to place a bet rather than increasing your stake - a very sound approach I think. Obviously even in this situation you would have to cut your losses on a long run of outs but your last bet would be the same size as your first, only the required odds would be getting longer. My suggestion is to restart when the required odds reach $31.

I think this approach needs some research by those who have the wherewithall. I would like to try it on top win or place %.

John