View Single Post
Old 17th December 2009, 11:44 AM

Default be patient

every saturday there is a couple of long priced winners and occasionally on sundays. although i am not a lover of sunday racing due to short odds.
a factor i use is to use the year of qualifying as a divider.
e.g. as per our bahare qualifying in 2003 and backing him in 2007 which is almost 4 years 11/03 to 02/07 tells you that it has not performed in listed class for several years and for this reason you will need longer odds about it.
eg. you wouldnt take 3/1 about a horse like that. and there are many of them. take a horse like fraaclase qualified in 2005 and always looks a chance but rarely wins. 4 years since listed qualiying so you wouldnt take short odds about fraaclase in fact backing it with counterfeit money may be adventurous. I would want 20/1 about fraaclase but you wouldnt get it but the 4 odd years of no placings in good races tells you something and maybe it tells you to leave it alone. However on the plus side I used to be incredulous about Tora Tora Tora in Adelaide and talk about flogging a dead horse but he has repaid me handsomely lately (he qualified in 4/06) since he moved to country nsw and won some cups. most of them have their day I even backed General Albert in Perth 2 months ago at 33/1 couldnt do anything in melbourne.
Take Tarzi (WA Champ) has 3 point 3/05-9/07 in Victoria (30 months) now has 49 points due to becoming a top performer in Perth. You cant carry your prejudices can you. Hope this is helpful Use the year of qualifying as an indicator.
8 Proart (5) 59.0 5yo ch h (A Durrant at Lark Hill) P Hall
"proart(good)(1400)(ascot)21-11-09)8"
tw 59.0, mb 0 wc 56.0, ww 56.0 Fred Factor: 2.331

Information is pulled out automatically on a Perl programme that I use on cyberhorse zip files hope it helps you.