View Single Post
Old 16th January 2012, 02:17 PM

For what it's worth, that minimum wage is absolute minimum, most americans are on a par with us after you convert the dollar and take into account how much less they pay for food and goods and services.
You can fill a trolley with food including meat for under $100 there.

According to the average aussie, they are struggling even with two income families. As pointed out, we are not starving and living in poor conditions, but most aussies are one wage away from bankruptcy.
Financial services were astounded when they actually surveyed people, don't buy government figures ever, they are distorted to paint a rosy picture.
The survey found that most aussies are spending less, struggling to pay the mortgage, are in credit card debt up to their eyeballs and are one pay away from bankruptcy.

Of course, there are the filthy rich who are getting richer and the poorest of the poor who can't get any poorer. But the average aussie is complaining about making ends meet and taking three weeks to a month off to avoid reality.

The point I'm making is that I realise that everyone needs a ************ good holiday to de stress, but nearly a month is not good work ethic.
I can't think of another country anywhere in the world which takes more time off.

If one can afford it fine, but some people are making things worse for themselves as the stress is elevated when they get back to work and have to face all that credit card debt.

For my own health, I need time off regularly, but make sure it is always off peak and in short duration.
I simply couldn't afford to take a month off plus Public Holidays, but that's just me.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg