View Single Post
Old 7th May 2004, 04:31 PM

Thanks for your comments Desi and goldmember... perhaps it is just a dead-cat-bounce bet.

Roosters v Tigers
Roosters to win. Tigers scoreless in the first half.
Tigers are gonna have their fullback in the city/country match, who even though not a great fullback, has been good for the Tigers. The Roosters will pepper him all game, knowing that he will be tired from Friday night. Expect the Tigers to be running the ball from their goal line, and kicking at 40m. The wingers will drop back further to support the tired fullback - so expect to see Moodie taking more bombs than usual, this will keep the Tigers pinned in their half (with Skandalis also tired). One the plus side, more ball for Moodie will be good for the Tigers - he's playing like a man with nothing to lose, so I am expecting him to make good meters. Take Roosters first points tryscorer @ $1.70 and Tigers Total points 0-10 @ $3.50.

Melbourne v Sharks
Melbourne to win.
Kimmorley will play well down there. Warriors showed us how to beat the Storm - hold onto the ball, be patient and wait until the storm crack. I think the Warriors v Storm was the first time I had seen the Storm start to 'lose it' this season. So... if the Sharks can play patiently, not try anything fancy, they can win this one... but I'm pretty sure Kimmorley and Peachy (and Vagana) will not be able to help themselves! Storm to win @ $1.30

Cowboys v Warriors
Hmmm... Can't separate these two. Contrast the fans - Cowboys lose, fans keep coming, Warriors lose, and there are tumbleweeds in the stands. Both had high expectations at the start of the season, but have come up with little yet. This will be a tight match, but really I think the Cowboys played better last week. My head says Warriors but my gut says Cowboys. Take the Cowboys to win @ $1.85

Panthers v Rabbitohs
Panthers to win. Rabbitohs to cover the spread.
Brilliant first half from the Rabbits last week. If they can pull that out for at at least 20 mins, they will cover. Panthers haven't beaten Souths by over 20 points since 1995. Souths to cover +22.5 @ $1.93

Raiders v Broncos
Raiders to win. No Lockyer, and playing in Canberra in cooler weather. Tallis will be grumpy. No bets worth playing here.

Knights v Bulldogs
Bulldogs to destroy a Johnsless Knights side. Bulldogs 13+ @ $2.60

Manly v Dragons
Plenty of money for Manly. But I don't think so. The guys with money on this have money because they know what they are doing. So I'm gonna sit tight, and place a $1 pick the score Dragons 32 - Manly 4.

Good luck all!