View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
I was thinking of starting a new thread on this but this seems an appropriate place. For the last 10 days or so I have been backing horses which are under 7.0 where the betfair price is lower than the bookies fixed odds in the last 3 mins of betting. The hit rate has been 40% and the profit on $50 bets is over $600.
There are not a lot of them, particularly on the weaker mtgs but since I watch most races for my other strategies it has been interesting. I have read many times that the horses which qualify under this criterion do well but have never tried it before since it would be pretty boring as a standalone method. Yesterday there was not a single selection but usually there are 2 or 3, with more on metro mtgs.

Thanks SpeedyBen.

I guess that's a little different to what I was trying to get at with two different favs but it goes along with a few other suggestions here (particularly michaelg) where if a horse on BF is under the tote price then it may be a goer.

As you say there wouldn't be much action.

That $600 you talked about. Is that backing on BF or with the bookie? I'm assuming you would soon be banned if making that kind of money with a bookie.

― Earl Nightingale