View Single Post
Old 29th June 2013, 10:07 AM

Hi Garyf,

You raise several interesting topics.

Varying the stake according to previous immediate results be they based on 10 bet block or otherwise.

I can offer a few things here; Firstly we wouldn't recommend that anyone tries to bet every top pick even with our IR. But your question is probably more centered around the ups and downs of A method and if there is a way of profiting from it returning to norm. In theory it seams to be possible, however the issue is that you still don't know when the up or down trend will finish. It could be today or in a weeks time. The results don't come in an orderly fashion which probably makes this impractical. However that doesn't mean that you cant use this information for something. For instance do you notice that most punters start their punting with a system on the up and then wonder why did their systems just fall over like that. In reality they probably didn't! If you have a system with what you believe to be a known performance point then starting to bet after a really good run will mean that you are more likely in for a downward adjustment then further good times. So it would be best to wait and start when you are more likely to experience a normal performance. The paradox here is who in their right mind starts to bet on a method that is loosing?

The Axis program has a feature where your bets are placed into bet blocks of your chosen size and their performance measured and even the last 5 blocks are displayed just for such a situation. Dividing your bets in blocks serves further purpose of familiarising yourself with what to expect from a system; how many 1/10 blocks do you have? how many 7/10 do you have? what is the average? Knowing all these arm you with the knowledge that what is currently happening to your method (good or bad) is probably normal.

What happens to the service if the head honcho(s) Get sick, die, retire, sell up,etc for those who might see it as a real long term thing.

Great question garyf, it is the very reason that I started to learn to program, I wanted to make sure that the hard work that I put in will continue to reap benefits. I have learned a few things since then; Nothing stays the same! The hallmark of those that are profitable punters is that they can adapt. The skills you learn never really go to waste and can be applied to the next project.

Ratings2win is a combination of 2 racing enthusiasts, both of whom are committed to the business. Our information is duplicated on 2 different sites and we have offsite back up contingencies and security at each location. In terms of the ratings and data both of us can perform the function. Internet or power outages, computer crashes, holidays, being sick and other issues are not a show stopper. It may be inconvenient but it wont stop one of us doing the calculations. We are both in our 40s so hopefully we have some 20 years in front of us and we have plenty of new ideas and improvements to implement along the way.

Lastly, thank you for your kind words regarding the Punting Ace forum. This forum is far better moderated and while debate is encouraged personal attracts are not. What we went through, even here, is nothing new. Remember we have to compete in a market that is known for its shady characters and exaggerated and unproven claims (darkys post below yours is just one example). This makes people rather bitter and suspicious to new comers. People wonder what our gimmick is and try to expose it. All the hostility goes away when people eventually find out what we stand for and what we have to offer. Regardless if they use it or not.

I suppose our gimmick is consistent and transparent results, something that isn't known in the industry! What we say can be verified with a simple test by anyone using our software and even those that are in the 14 day money back guarantee period. I don't think that we can do any more then that.

Kind regards
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/