View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:49 PM

Default Thanks Rich

Hi Rich

I actually lived in NZ for a year when I was 20 and that was the time the Kiwis were winning all our big races year after year. That's why I ended up buying a NZ horse.

In regard to tracks. I only bet Saturdays at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. I don't bet in a city if the races are at a non-metro track such as Hawksbury in Sydney or Southport in Brisbane. If I have 3 races or more in Sydney or Melbourne in the system I leave Brisbane and Adelaide alone... unless there is a 'special' there.

I normally back 2 horses in each of the system races- my selection and a saver on the favourite or second favourite depending on form and weight. This changes of course if the system horse is favourite.

I don't back Adelaide or Brisbane on slow or heavy tracks. If heavy tracks all round I only bet 'specials,' which normally means only one bet or on rare occasions no bet at all.

I also have an indexed race prize-money rule. No betting in races worth over $125,000 in total prize-money, no weight for age races and no maidens.

Thanks for the welcome Rich,

Dave