View Single Post
Old 5th July 2014, 06:50 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Well, I've long been of the opinion that sports arbs are snapped up very quickly and all that is left is not worthwhile after paying commission on Betfair.
However, having manually scoured the markets, it seems that there are many straight arbs available straight away on very popular matches!
After looking into it, I was converted by various sites that these arbs are picked off by bots and one really needed to delve into the murky world of cross market arbs and Asian Handicaps

Currently doing my due diligence research into Sports Arbitrage and would agree with what you say CP. However it's the same old same old as regard to getting banned sooner or later after being recognised as an arber.

There are various well known markers that bookies use to identify an arber. One being that an arber is a single bet placer. A lot of recreational high stakes players (non arbers) use accumulator coupons (all ups). In other words, if successful with their first bet, they roll the stake and winnings over to the next match on the coupon.

It has been suggested that doing this method can prolong your life as an arber with certain bookies? Can anyone comment from experience?

In other words, let's say you had a $1000 2% arb in the Nth Melb v Hawthorn match last night. Whatever the outcome, you come out with 2% profit $20. You now, with the same bookie you won with, place a $120 stake on a VFL match today, but this time just hedge on Betfair to lock in as much of the original $20 as possible.

In other words you're trying to replicate the betting pattern of a typical all or nothing punter, the types bookies love?