View Single Post
Old 27th January 2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Thanks for that info, i have pretty much covered all you have above, PC doesn't effect me as yet and will be some time before i have to worry about that.

I will continue along the same lines then as i will be using real stakes and it is the best option with the tables.

When your analysing systems what commission % do you use as a base commission ?

I would usually test with a 6.5% unless I am knowingly targeting states with higher commission. Before you hit premium charge the commission discount can really help with some systems.

Once premium charge comes in its a little different. The commission on a race to race basis no longer matters as its 20%-60% of your gross profit. It took me a while to get my head around it but before you pay premium charge basically on a race to race basis the commission you pay is important. It can turn a winning system into a losing system. But once you have to pay premium charge its no longer a concern. You are paying 20% regardless. So just take 20% commission on total profit and that is all you need to care about.

Unfortunately I am approaching the Premium Charge at higher rates which will turn my charges into 40%. That is not as big an issue as it sounds as I have ways of generating turnover for minimum profit but large commission generation. Its a win for Betfair as I generate liquidity for them and it keeps my charge stable enough. Unfortunately for me I need to generate a lot of commission as my current commission to gross profit ratio is 25%.