View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2005, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Hi Fearlesson77.

These ratings are up to Round 21 last year.As I continue inputting data the ratings will change.
So very soon I will have a rating set up until and including the 2004 Grand Final.
So in 2005 The ratings will only apply for the fist round.And the data for that round will then be put in database and each players rating will be modified somewhat,particularly those who have had very few games.Main players will only change their rating by perhaps 0.1 or 0.2 at the most.
I have a rating for all players in the team list,so when the squad is named,I add up the ratings for each player in the squad and that is what I expect the team to score.
But I will be also looking at what the player rated when,and if,he last played against the current opposition and then averaging the two ratings.
Players that have retired will be scrubbed from the database,and those that are playing for different teams will have their ratings transferred to the new team.
First time players without a rating at all will be judged to have a rating of 1/3 the team average.
I'm just trying to get a mechanical thing happening to get a good idea as to the price available being value or not.I've never played football,so can't understand match-ups,shorts and talls,tagging and many other terms.
Home ground advantage is a huge modification that I apply using the "seat of the pants rule".Another one is a landmark game for certain players,or perhaps a death in the family.These things need to be accounted for,so any mechanical type system needs to be manipulated by the human touch.