Thread: Limit S&G's
View Single Post
Old 12th April 2005, 05:39 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Default Limit S&G's

I suppose this wont spawn too many replies, but I hope somebody can share their experience.

Normally I play low limit ring games, but after a winning session I often like to spend some of my newly accumulated monies in a $6 limit holdem S&G for fun. Except now the fun factor is decreasing. Fun is winning, at least occasionally, and I keep losing (Of four attempts my results are 4th, 5th, 8th and 4th). Pathetic because I know that I'm better than probably 70% of my opponents in a ring game, so therefore I ought to be the same at a S&G. Maybe I need to change my strategy or I'll just quit limit S&G's altogether. The problem seems to be that the table plays tighter than what you'd normally get in a ring game, and with the increasing blinds we end up with 7 or 8 players left with the max chip stack about 4 times the big blind. In other words it becomes a bit of a lottery. Have others found this to be common in limit S&G's? And what strategies should one use in these games? Unless somebody can recommend something good I'm just going to stop playing them.