View Single Post
Old 20th April 2005, 08:48 AM
Former Member

Im going to live up to my name as MUG PUNTA again here, no doubt, but, I really like my own BOMBERS to win this week.
We are a better side than the Pies and with Rocca out, they have no structure up forward.

LLoyd has had 2 games back and Fletcher and Bradley are in good form.
Also, Essendon are a very proud team and they have copped a battering in the press this week in Melbourne and I really expect them to bounce back and I wouldn't even be surprised if we actually towelled the pies.
My only concern is if LICURIA and BURNS really fire up bacause if we can stop one of those 2 they wont win

Just, so you don't think it's blind faith talking here I have regulary tip against my side when I expect them to get beat and over the last 2 years im rarely wrong when I tip the Bombers to win.

For you guys who want to back the PIES i suggest you wait till Sunday or Monday because I really expect there price to drift, and it wont shock me if the Bombers start favourites.
If that doesnt happen please dont bite my head off RS because I see you've already got on.

In other games I would tread warily in taking the shorts on offer about the crows. They are in great form, but, it's Chris Grant's 300th game this week and he is the most respected and loved bulldog of the modern era.
They played pretty well in Perth and the only ? there is the perth fatigue factor coming back to Melbourne.

I think the Hawks can upset the KANGAROOS also.
The roos forward line is pretty ordinary and I reckon the Hawks backline led by Croad, Smith and Jon Hay are playing pretty well.
I just think the Roos are actually pretty ordinary and reality will catch up with them sometime soon, although, it may not be this week.

The saints will win, but as RS states aren't a very attractive price, but I think RABBITZ HT-FT double still looks a great bet and at around $1.60 is good value.

In other thoughts I can guarantee ESSENDON will not win the spoon and I think the PIES will. They are now without there 3 key players in BUCKLEY, ROCCA and FRASER for most of the year and I think it will be a long year for the PIES.

I really like Fraser Gehrig for the COLEMAN MEDAL. He is currently $4.75 and with any luck regarding injury and suspension I think he may win it pretty easily.