View Single Post
Old 24th August 2005, 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=Sahasastar]Can the systemites tell me the odds of this one continuing..

It's purely mechanical.. over 9 weeks Saturday Metro, averaging just under
2 bets per Saturday, many filters have reduced it to this..

Sahasastar based on my expierence and what you yourself posted i would say no it will not continue at its current rate.

The reason i make this assumption is your words "many filters have reduced it to this" i've been there done that,some call it retro fitting,basicly the mistake we make is designing filter after filter to eliminate as many losers in our research peiod as possible,sure it may look good on paper but unless each and every additional filter is tested for soundness over hundreds of races how can you really tell if each filter is sensible and suits this current system.

Lets say you ruled out horses outside barrier 6 because in your short research period there were no winners outside barrier 6,a couple of weeks later you will start missing heaps of good priced winners in barriers outside 6,the frustration and self doubt set in and the system is one step from the scrap heap.

Mate keep it simple think very carefully about additional filters you apply and only add them once their worth has been tested over a couple of hundred races.