View Single Post
Old 10th October 2005, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
Will the discetionary powers be used to leap frog Confectioner above 6 other horses.....?

He (Confectioner) clearly has the best case to be included..... but how do you justify burning 6 other horses and their connections - I would be absolutely ropable if I missed out......

Well, I originally thought it was a clear cut case that they should be put into the field, but after listening to an interview on the radio this morning, I'm starting to think that perhaps they mightn't be. Bruce Clark from sport927 brought up something which I wasn't aware of. He said that it's not actually a case of promoting a horse above 6 others, but it's actually a case of demoting 6 horses behind that one. In other words, according to him, they have to believe that all 6 horses DON'T deserve to be there instead of simply thinking that Confectioner or Sir Dex DO. I didn't know about that interpretation.

In any case, both of those horses really should be in the field and regardless of what happens this year, I think they have to do something with the qualification rules for future years.