Thread: NFL 2005/2006
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2005, 07:22 AM

Hi guys

Yes the Jax game had me squirming. Thankfully the t/o's caught up with Cincy in the last minute. I thought for sure it was going for o/t. But, I won't be bagging the Bengals any more. They are a good team with a very good qb and that Johnson is a super receiver. If you saw the game, did you notice how Cinci created tunnels for their running back. He kept going into the middle of the line and popping up 6 yards downfield? If their defensive line was better they would be a real force.

We are on oposite sides today, MAD as I am on the Chargers. Maybe we should bet with each other and save the vig? LOL

It sure is important to get those .5 points on the 3 mark. It probably only makes a difference a couple of times a year, but it does make a difference.

Hey, Saratoga, do you know whats going on with College football. Watched the Thursday nite game and 2 guys got penalized for demonstrating after scoring. One guy did a somersault and the other guy did hardly anything. From memory he spun the ball into the fence. Seems weird to not allow any sort of enthusiam after a TD. After a t/o they seem to be allowed to celebrate all they want. They are college age guys after all.

Speaking of penalties, it must be nearly impossible to be a defensive player in the NFL. Can't touch a qb, can't touch a receiver. Soon they will be playing touch or flag football.

Very sad news I'm afraid. Karla, the 14 year old German shepherd died of liver cancer last week. She had a good life spent running wild and guarding the sheds and property out here. I am a Canadian born male person who happily resides in outback Australia. And I really wish somebody would show CFL on TV.

Back later with the stats review.