View Single Post
Old 11th October 2005, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Spirit
Been looking into it a bit more and have changed my tune. Whilst i think Confectioner and a couple of other horses 'should' be in the field based on ability etc, they are not qualified. Rules are rules, simple as that as far as i'm concerned and based on the rules they shouldn't be in. From my understanding it is the trainers fault that confectioner isn;t in there because he has been avoiding the handicap races for fear of a penalty. Thats a risky way to get into the field and it hasn;t worked out. Bad luck. That said i thing the rules need to change, i am still pondering in what way.

Gday All

gotta agree with the above... The trainers know the route to the Caulfield Cup and other Blue Riband races for that matter.. The trainers in this case chose to ignore that route... ************ em I say... I said the same thing when they left Free at Last out of the Melbourne Cup last year.. It was totally unfair

As for changing the rules ... Change em to take the discretion out of the picture.. Just make the trainers, if they wish their horses to run in these races, to qualify them properly... Its pretty black and white to me

xptdriver@hotmail.com