View Single Post
Old 14th October 2005, 12:31 PM

I agree guys, if they do scratch it i will be extremely disappointed.

Here is an article I just found too:

Owners ready to pull plug on Mummify start
14oct05

A MEETING of owners today will determine if Caulfield Cup (2400m) topweight Mummify lines up to try to win the race for the second time tomorrow.

Mummify's senior part-owner Mark Pegic said the 2003 Caulfield Cup winner had drawn poorly and trainer Lee Freedman had advised them not to start in the race.

Freedman said a decision would be made tomorrow morning and many factors would be considered.

"They (the stable) think we are a lot better off going straight to the Cox Plate and in light of the circumstances that could be the way to go," Pegic said.

"We are going to get together and decide what's in the best interests of the horse. He's getting a bit older and the gate is not ideal."

Mummify has 57kg and has drawn gate 20 with Danny Nikolic listed to ride.

Nikolic's availability will be clarified today when he makes an application to the Racing Appeals Tribunal over a 25-day ban and $30,000 fine for not giving Activation every chance in a race.

Mummify is expected to lead in the Caulfield Cup and speed maps for the race will change dramatically if he does not run.