Thread: Neural Ratings
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2005, 04:26 PM

Default Neural Ratings

Hi,

I found this site recently and been reading the old posts. A lot of useful information there.

I’m interested in systems using the neural ratings from AAP R&S. I’ve been recording these ratings for over 14months now as well as the information on the Unitab website, prices, unitab rating, last 3 starts, etc. I’ve developed several systems based on this and was wondering if others are doing something similar.

Rather than giving each criteria a weighting and summing them, I’ve recorded each value (normalised to 100) and the horse’s ranking for each criteria. This enables me to have a rule like, ‘Top 4 in the Current Form Score with a value > 75’, for example.

I normalised them to 100 as there is sometimes great variation from one criteria to another, particularly with the Time rating.

If anyone is familiar with these ratings, the prizemoney and career performance ratings are the best indicators of where the winners come from.

I’ve got about 10 different systems that have made a good profit in the 6 months that I’ve been betting them. (Unfortunately, I’ve also been betting unproven systems at the same time which have made a loss and seen the balance pretty much the same now as it was 6 months ago after turning over about $100k.)

Here is a very simple system:

Metropolitan venues only
Distance = 1200m
Highest Time Rater (ignore race if 2 or more = top rater)
<3 first starters
<4 first up (first uppers don’t have a Time rating)

Has a 20% SR from over 700 bets and 12% pot (Unitab div). Would be > 20% with best tote.

I would be happy to run any other set of rules if you would like or just hear from anyone using the neurals on a regular basis.

Cheers