View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2001, 08:31 PM

Hi Dave,

I've had a couple of brochures and phone calls from them, don't know how they got my name. The software was $6,000 up front with no ongoing fees. When I told them I wasn't going to fork out that amount of money they were more flexible on price (pay over a number of months).

Anyway, this happened a couple of months ago and I decided to develop my own system based on a couple of books and have been trialing it over the past 4 weeks(in fact, before this I only ever placed a bet on Cup Day, but getting these brochures prompted me to try myself!). So far I'm up to $170 dollars from my initial pool of $100 betting around 25% each Saturday around 3 races. It takes me about 90 minutes to work out 1 race.

EVERYTHING I've read discredits systems, but then how does mine seem to work? Well mine is formed based and includes a LOT of a historical data hence the time. Most systems don't seem to have the punter put in any hard work - If it was easy everybody would do it!

I know I've only run my system for a month and it could still be a slow death spiral, but I'm having fun :smile:

If you hear anything further on Eclipse let me know - the figures they sent look very good, actually too good. Also check out the consumer affairs web sites - Queensland is the home of ******** racing systems, BUT Eclipse, the company and the directors don't appear on ANY ******** list, I checked...

[ This Message was edited by: mac on 2001-10-22 20:34 ]