View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 03:29 PM

Funny you say that CP about getting it right, i found an error in it the other day before posting it here not sure how long it has been there.

As for the win and place ratings i am only rating as long as they have had 1 win or place if they have had 10 for 10 they still get the same, this sheet i have used for many ratings methods it is more of a template rather than a current method i am using but it helps to have things in place to explain it.

Looking at what you said about the distance and track options it might be better to use a percentage of starts of these conditions as the ratings method, i might make the change and see how i go.

When i have used different methods i keep records i am a bit of a lazy punter, i know the method listed here had a 30+% with the top selection and about 70+% with the place but as we all know it is price that counts and i have always used the top 4 selection and backing those above $4 but you can make your own changes.

Yes this is done with copy paste so i can see if i need to make adjustments for horses with less than 3 starts it only takes me about 2 minutes to process a race and i find this is ok as i only look at open and above races most of the time.

This will also export to a text file with the date as the file name so takes about 30 minutes to do all my selection and print on a sheet.