Thread: Soccer
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:20 AM

Default EPL Round 6

Every week, something happens to remind us that this is crazy 2020. I warned about congested fixtures for Round 5. There had been only three draws in the first four rounds, but then up popped six draws in Round 5. The home teams had a losing record through Round 4 and then had another losing week in Round 5.

We have major issues with the ratings at this point. There were incredibly big upsets among usually top teams as I mentioned in earlier sends. That dropped their ratings and raised the unexpected winners’ ratings by an unusual large amount. Usually it takes a couple of weeks for either the ratings of top teams to move back up or show us they aren’t that good this year. Continued congested fixtures and training interruptions have made meaningful adjustments difficult for top teams. For example, due to Champion’s League and Europa League fixtures, for Rounds 6 and 7, there will be congested fixtures for Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Leicester, Arsenal, and Tottenham.

It’s pretty hard to believe that in the EPL table, Liverpool is third, Tottenham is seventh, Man City is eleventh and Man U is twenty third.

My advice is to be very cautious for at least two or three more weeks.

Stay well,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 6.doc (59.5 KB, 995 views)