View Single Post
Old 10th December 2016, 12:40 AM

Code:
0.60 Metro Restricted 3YO ... 0.59 Metro Restricted 3YO ... 0.59 Metro Restricted 3YO ... 0.58 Metro Restricted 3YO
Are the dupes errors, or does the underlying data differ and the labels are just the same?

Also, shouldn't a Country BM 58, for example, be a higher rating race than a Country BM 50? ...unless you factor the 4kg difference in some other way, I guess.

Are maidens equally strong year-round? Do trainers throw them into a race as soon as they're ready, or do they target certain times of year so that if their horse responds well they might dodge the handicapper and get into higher-value races better weighted?

What about class ratings with respect to prizemoney? For example at Coffs Harbour today there was an Open race with $85k prizemoney and another couple with $35k prizemoney. Are they equivalent in your race rating system, or is the former rated higher on account of attracting stronger candidates?

Are you automatically specifying whether it's a provincial or metro race by venue? Victorian weekend metro races are held on provincial tracks 3 (or is it 4 now?) times per year.

Are Sydney/Melbourne Group races equivalent to those in other states? (Oh. I just re-read the thread and see that you queried something similar in your first post. My novice opinion: no. I'm not even certain that Melbourne Group races in Autumn are equivalent to Melbourne Group races in Spring...)

Those were my initial thoughts.

Cheers