Thread: Soccer
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2017, 09:34 AM

Default EPL Round 20

In my last weekend send, I questioned how mid-table Leicester (with a large value bet) could possibly lose at home to a bottom table Crystal Palace team which had been scoreless in their last 10 away matches. The answer came on Tuesday. Leicester was obviously jogging through the Crystal Palace match to put priority on the quarter-final League cup match at home on Tuesday against top table Man City. Leicester took Man City to penalty kicks before losing. Then, on Saturday, Leicester entertained number two Man U, holding them to a 3-3 draw. The Crystal Place match was obviously of no interest to Leicester. That is what make the EPL so frustrating. Form (and logical betting) goes out the window when a team jogs through an EPL match to put priority on a trophy in the League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League and Champions League. I wish EPL teams would put a warning on games when they plan to lack any competitive interest whatsoever.

Also, 5 matches were drawn of 10 in round 19, indicating some fatigue and a resulting agreement to share the points.

In spite of that frustration, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Ray
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL week 20 pred.doc (53.0 KB, 198 views)