View Single Post
Old 26th September 2001, 11:26 AM

I have slowly been developing a horse racing database and analysis system for Sydney Metropolian Races only over the past 3 years.

I use previous times and last 600 times graphed for each horse to pick winners. One thing I have found is that the pace of the race is everything, and working out the pace of an upcoming race is sometimes difficult. The system works best for 1400-2000m races.

My engineering and software background has helped me make profiles for each Sydney track for horses stepping distance or changing to other tracks.

I thought it would be simple when I started but I have spent countless hours trying to perfect something that will never be perfect.

I have recently included a bet recorder in my program which I use to record every bet I have with the race data so I can find why I'm failing. I am only punt small amounts (under $20 or less bets) and my biggest return was a $78,000 superfecta of which I receive 1.11%. In my 3 years of analysis I have only found 3 horses I was sure would win and they all did with ease.

My program includes audio of each race, stewards reports, and every bit of horse and race data available. I have day time factors, stepping gradients for each track, Location factors, Weight factors, Jockey factors.

Can anyone give a hint at what I could be doing wrong.