View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus
Can you explain what these settings are? Is it some sort of software setting?

Hi Columbus

Looks like your new to punting and this forum so welcome. Not wanting to digress from this threads discussion I would like to make a few suggestions.

There are a number of author's that have published lots of still relevant material that I would consider at the least worthwhile but for me and my learning over the years they were essential learning. I suggest that you get your hands on and research as much as you can given any time and/or budget constraints. That research could also include threads on this forum. Firstly though I suggest that you familiarise yourself with the basics. You can Google any of the following names.

Andy Beyer, Howard Sartin and Tom Brohammer are worthwhile though you will need modify many of their teachings to suit Australian racing. Paul Segar and of course the likes of Rem Plante / Don Scott publications that are still fundamentally relevant however the measurements that they use and reference with regards to matters like weight are very much based on a straight linear approach of a certain amount of kg per length which I do not agree with. The combination of learning that can be gleamed from these books/publications will more than provide you with the necessary foundations to be able to make a go of it if you are dedicated enough. Separately there are other articles/podcasts than you can source from sites like ours that might better deal with some of the practical issues that you can face as a form analyst/punter.

Best of luck.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/