View Single Post
Old 7th September 2015, 06:12 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
Pretty good wrap-up Gary

I was being less specific though with my logic which goes something like this:

Out of the 11 bookies and fixed price totes, if in the last 30 secs you see that a min of 3 are offering prices >= current Lay$, then that's a big head start! The lay price need to have commish added, say 6.5% but given the bookies have an overround of roughly 20+%, for them to offer Backers a sacrificial lamb price better than Lay$ and Betfair Back$ (even for that short 30 sec period) by a fair bit, might mean that they're sacrificing the profit on this selection and really hoping to make it on the rest. Their idea is to take the punters eye off the rest, and offer them a price to back this selection at huge overs....knowing full well that it's a decoy?

OK, maybe I'm just suspicious by nature? LOL....but it'd be nice to try and record a big wad of races and see if there's any a pattern there. It may well be they just use a computer following an algorithm based on whatever to set prices and there's no real guru overlooking anything and adjusting? if you collect these fixed odds prices for say July this year (I'm talking a few bookies), I can send you the Lay price for that period and you can see if there were a number that bettered the lay price and whether or not they went on to win?

Thanks for the offer R/P all my laying,
Will be based on bad selections that are,
Short in the market but rarely win that are,
In our database in certain price groups.

I see now exactly what you mean with the below post,
Will keep out as an opinion as without a selection to start,
With & exploit it's difficult to say long term if this is an angle,
Worth pursuing.

Certainly can't hurt to do a forward test now the process is in place,
Then go from there when you reckon sufficient data has been acquired.

If it works beauty, more money, if not no harm done we move on.

I can assure there are traders on the floor monitoring,
Everything not just a computer.

Cheers.
Garyf.