View Single Post
Old 30th January 2019, 02:41 PM

Lots of cautious race reporting sites out there. Many of them have turned off comments in their articles. Will be very interesting to see the information that comes out in the ensuing days. In the short term, Weir horses are still able to run as he's yet to be charged with a breach of the rules of racing. Not sure if that will remain the case though.

I guess that familiarity breeds contempt, I doubt that any of these people entered the industry with the express purpose of endangering or torturing horses. The fervent animal rights activists would probably argue that that's a natural consequence of subjugating a species.

I recently discovered that someone I knew from another realm was a parent to a current jockey. Apparently they have been involved with horses all their life - to such an extent that they don't bet because they know of all the dodgy stuff that can go on behind the scenes. It's a crying shame there's that kind of culture. More prosecutions, more 'dobbing' and more information to punters/industry observers, please.