Thread: April Update
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2017, 01:16 PM

Hi LG,
There's is a way to exclude selections.
Say you already have your search parameters in "find" mode.
You don't want to include Heavy tracks.
Go to the top menu and go to requests => Add new request.
A new blank search page will show up but it will show 2 find requests in the top left hand corner.
Enter Heavy in the going field and right next to matching records up the top again click the button "omit".
Give it a try and if you get stuck, email me.

Prepost ranking or odds are only available from my sources for the last couple of years, and due to the huge file size and various studies I've done, there isn't a great deal of benefit UNLESS you can predict firmers in the market.

I am working on new systems, but there are always constant modifications that you may not pick up, that I'm working on with the database, so it may be a little longer coming. The current systems are only a starting point and a way to learn the way to use it in text or numeric fields.

There are no plans at this stage to add a ratings field, because it is retrospective. I did do a study on Tatts ratings and I couldn't come up with any value. Strike rate improved, but value was sucked out of it. 100 rating in a maiden is not the same as 100 rating in a Group 1 for example.
I may look into the handicappers rating, but again I couldn't find any value and I spent a great deal of time on it.

The system viability score in the database is based on the profit divided by the largest win or place dividend, any number higher than 10% of the total selections is very good, but what it does do is highlight when the profit only comes from one or two outsiders, which isn't likely to occur again, or if it does, you'll have to endure a very long run of outs.

I'm always grateful for suggestions and feedback, I've spent almost every day this month 4 to 5 hours, making behind the scenes adjustments to the database.

Just because I rule out some suggestions, doesn't mean they won't happen, I'm just working on other areas which are very time consuming.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg