View Single Post
Old 28th January 2003, 05:31 PM

Xanadu
"Quote"
However, I am of the opinion that ongoing success in punting does not necessarily depend on having a solid selection method.
I believe that a highly developed understanding of percentages combined with a systematic betting approach can provide long-term success."Unquote"

My definition of a solid selection method is one that works for you. Without it no systematic betting approach will be successful. The same for a staking method which will not reap you rewards regardless of how many winners you select if it is not used correctly.
How you select you winners is up to you and once you have a method that provides you with winners then a staking plan to profit from those selections needs to be implemented to take maximum benefit but provide some security on a losing run.
THE TWO GO TOGETHER. THE REST FALLS INTO PLACE
The rest includes
POT (Profit On Turnover)
POB (Profit On Bank)
POW (Percentage Of Winners)

"Quote"
I believe that by achieving regular POT is a much more effective approach than chasing losses or other similar approaches."Unquote"

Totally agree here but the POT is achieved by selection and staking methods not the other way around.