View Single Post
Old 19th February 2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
If I were 22 again I'm sure I would be right into online poker.
My advice would be to withdraw half of the profit at the end of each session and consider the remainder as his bank. Ask his dad to put it into the bank for him.
Congrats to him.

I agree here. If he is going to have his punting as an income then he must treat it as a job that he gets paid for. The first thing he must do is pay himself out of his profits. Pay himself and put that money away. Invest it, put it somewhere that is a little harder to get at. Then he must allow for contingencies such as blowing his bank.So he must put something away in a different area for this. While he keeps the money in play it is not his. He has it in the "bank" or on the table. It is cashflow and available for whoever claims it. The only way it is his is when he claims it as his own and takes it OFF the table. Remember that money is like honey, it attracts and everybody that touches it, leaves with some sticking to their fingers.
IT IS HARD TO EARN MONEY - IT IS TEN TIMES HARDER TO KEEP IT.
This not only goes for your son but everybody that is punting seriously and everybody that is working for themselves. Beton