Thread: Rugby Union
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2017, 04:24 PM

Default English Premier League Predictions for week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystef5845
I will use this channel for sure. I was gone for over a month and am catching up with a lot of oblations. I have to relocate my soccer computer software and run at least one past year of EPL matches to update my parameters. Then I can make the predictions you all deserve for the current season. It may take me a couple of months to get up to speed.

Until then, a hearty cheers!

Ray Stefani

Hi to all,

As I promised, I located my soccer predictions program and updated it. I coded and ran last season’s 380 EPL matches to create the EPL starting ratings for this season. I give promoted teams the average ratings of the relegated teams, to start the new season. I just finished and now have predictions for EPL week 4.

As I do for rugby, for each team, I calculate an offensive rating, a defensive rating and the team’s constancy. I also calculate the home advantage in points. For soccer, I calculate three probabilities: for a home win, draw and away win (home loss). By the end of the season, my average probabilities are within 1% of the actual fraction of home wins, draws and away wins. I calculate the fair decimal odds for all three possibilities. As with rugby, whenever bookmaker decimal odds are higher than my fair odds, you have an edge. I include a page to explain my soccer predictions. I’ll also post this in the soccer section. In the future, I will post new predictions a day or two after the last game is played. These are late since I just finished.

Good luck!

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL week 4 pred.doc (29.5 KB, 481 views)