View Single Post
Old 31st December 2014, 09:46 PM

Hi

Having written 3 bots myself (using the old platform), one based on Gruss excel and 2 on VB.net I think I have some experiance to impart here. I know it will be a long while before I tackle a revamp using the new one platform recently introduced. Purely due to the work involved.

Each of my builds took me somewhere between 3-4 months of full time work and each time it involved more complex programing and language as I was learning. Looking back at it now I could do it better but then I was learning and a great amount of my time was spent on research rather then coding.

Anyone can do it, and those that have the aptitude to overcome the struggle to learn the skills necessary will eventually create a working bot.

Having said that please be under no illusion that you'll throw together some code samples in excel and have an actually functional betting machine. There is a huge .... gigantic void between being able to fire of a bet using some skeleton program and actually having a useful bot. The latter needs to deal with errors , price changes, partially matched bets, lays, multiple horse betting or laying, green outs tracking of your bets and much much more and that is before you even try to marry up your selections with the betfair track and horse name protocols. Race time changes. What about a actually testing it .... how much money do you invest in firing of testing bets ? Deal with loops that bet the same horse many times, or the wrong amount or not at all due to a logic error on your part. What will happen when you start pumping hundreds through it will it stand up and will you trust it? The list of things that you'll encounter along the way is endless.

Finally you build a bot that has worked painlessly for 5 years and then they change the codes ....... yea that is my story and its not plesent having to face that again.

So my recommendation is to pay the fees for someone to take care of the "how to" and you concentrate on the "what" to bet. You can use Gruss and use excel knowledge to program triggers for the bets. Its how I started and its far easier heaving to deal with just your betting logic and Gruss dealing with betfair. Starting with that Your betting will eventually tell you if its time to move on to a more complex personal platform or if what you have is more then sufficient.

Having said that if you are determined to do it, all the best to you! It is a highly rewarding experience.

With my last post for 2014 I wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 !
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/