Thread: Soccer
View Single Post
Old 6th October 2020, 07:49 AM

Default EPL Round 5

I thought it was about time to restart my English Premier League predictions. If it wasn’t crazy 2020, I would have thought the scores for Round 4 had to be wrong. Tottenham beat Man U 6-1 and Aston Villa beat defending champion Liverpool 7-2. Can you imagine 13 goals being let in by Man U and Liverpool in the same day, let alone the same century? One of those goals was priceless. AV kicked a hard cross in front of the Liverpool goal, which hit a Liverpool defender on the side of his face and banked 90 degrees, like a billiard ball off the rail, into the Liverpool goal. Even Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp had to laugh about that one.

Before Round 4, all but 2 EPL teams played mid-week cup matches so Round 4 had congested fixtures. Consistent with my earlier posts about congested rounds, if you bet equally on all underdogs for Round 4, you would have had a 72% profit.

After 38 games, the home teams have three more losses than wins. After all, it is 2020.

Here are Round 5 predictions. Bear in mind that between Rounds 5 and 6, 8 teams play cup matches, so their EPL matches are congested fixtures for Rounds 5 and 6. Those are: Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Man City, Man U and Tottenham.

Good luck,

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc EPL Round 5.doc (60.0 KB, 1066 views)