Thread: Betfair API
View Single Post
Old 18th October 2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I hate how the $5 minimum doesn't apply to laying. To lay a $101 horse you still need to stake $5 which is a liability of $500. How is that right? At least you can go to SP and lay it for $30 liability but SP isn't available on all sports and markets which annoys me. They would get a lot more turnover if they let below minimum as instead of paper testing new systems I would throw a few dollars on each selection for the test period. For instance I am paper trading a new system now that has about 80-120 bets a day. At minimum $5 bets that is a turnover of $400-$600 for testing. I won't throw that at it unless I have a lot more test data. But if I could throw $1 at it per selection then that wouldn't worry me because I could use $200 for testing and if it loses then its gone and I can go test something else with another $200. But that $200 needs to be $1000 for a test at minimum $5 stakes and I'm not prepares to throw away $1000 on testing until I'm really happy with a method.

Exactly UB, exactly.

I am the same but with a lot, LOT, less money than that and usually LOT as well (Loss on Turnover).

But I would do the same thing with putting a little real money in and seeing how a system goes in real time instead of simulation mode.

I think they would have to be losing money with the minimum bet instead of making more money (but I could be wrong).

― Earl Nightingale