Thread: My Ratings
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2014, 03:33 AM

Over my many years on this forum i have spent a lot of my time not only developing ratings but writing excel sheets to access the much needed information from the net to assist in getting the ratings to work.

I truly believe everything you need is out there at no cost and what you are actually paying for is there ability to put all the information together and do a large part of the work for you.

My type of ratings have always worked best on open type races so i stick mostly to those, yes i could rate every race but one of the first things i learned in racing is yes you can win at punting but you can't win at every race and the more races you lose the harder it becomes.

Honestly strike rate means squat specially when we are talking a few percentage point POT is the important factor, this last month i have been constantly getting 40+% SR for top 2 but because a lot have been favs the profits have not been huge and a large portion of profit came from bigger priced winners, today i only hit 4 from 16 races yet made 25%POT

It is how you use the ratings that can make the difference, i bet win only top 2 selections but i know at least one person that uses them in exotics and i always think of him when both fill placings.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee