View Single Post
Old 14th January 2010, 05:04 PM

Default exotics

no i dont back exotics.
also on a sychological point of view i found that the bigger the bet the more you gravitated to the favorite. e.g. remember don scotts theory where he used to say that you bet every horse as if its favorite to ensure you got value of longshots.

generally you dont go long without a long priced listed horse winning a race. the trick is to be on them.
My data base will be slightly different to those working strictly off listed/group results. I mentioned this a few weeks ago where i qualify higher prizemoney races to ensure a reasonable number of horses in each state. queensland doesnt have as many listed races as other states and i qualify the $50,000 race if it is the highest for the day and there are less $ races.
the merit of this can be seen on sunday where A Grade won the last at Warrnambool qualified at Doomben in 2/08. This satisfies the desperate desire to have a bet particularly when 16/1 was offered.
I must admit I have no great expectation from racing but its nice to back a winner without getting in too deep. this is why the longer prices satisfy the urge to have a bet with a reasonable result.
Ref tonight for Bank Robber will be very hard to beat but not much value for punters like me.
My approach can be quite dumb as I went into the TAB at Smithton last week to check the price on With Decorum when it was $3.80 I didnt back anything but that wasn't bright as after it won $3.80 looked pretty good.