View Single Post
Old 7th May 2015, 02:25 PM

Arb using Centrebet fixed odds if you can. If you're banned and have a big enough bank roll and generally gamble on racing anyway this might be worth a shot. Just use Centrebet as a guide but only do the back side of all arbs you see. Back at the highest price you can get at the time of the arb, through whatever bookmaker. I've now got stats since August, 2013 and my net position on betfair (lays only) is over $100k in losses. My stats say when the lay price of an arb is between 1.01-8.00 I have lost overall in that period on the lay side, so you could just stick to that odds range. Over lay odds of around 8.00+ the lay side has been in the positive so you could forget backing if you wanted to with lay odds (of arbs) greater than 8.00. I don't think there is a bookmaker I've lost with when it comes to arbs. I'm always depositing into betfair.

This is moreso for international racing. Betfair lays though are still losing overall with Aus racing.

I think it's a combination of getting on at the highest price you can + following smart money/market movers. I don't know if close to 2 years of stats is enough but it's pretty interesting what I've found in the process. Saying that, i still don't have the balls to do the back side only of arbs. One day i might create a little side account and do 10% back stakes.