View Single Post
Old 29th May 2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Level stakes when laying is actually by using a liability.

When you do your first method $1 on a $2.50 and lost $1.50 that is actually not level stakes as your loss varies. Its not level.

In my opinion I have seen people fool themselves with the variability in the returns. They think they are going well but when you convert it back to the liability method they are actually losing. Long term I have seen those people fail.

IMHO use the liability method only as you are keeping your losses the same and your profit variable (which is the same as backing with a set amount).

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

UB, I see what you mean with the two methods - maybe I have them around the wrong way. Knowing your losses are the same each time makes more sense than losing 50c one minute but $10 the next.

I suppose what I am asking is how can you compare the two methods to see which one is going better than the other? Is it a matter of averaging out the odds for the losing and/or winning bets?

― Earl Nightingale