View Single Post
Old 9th July 2009, 07:45 PM

Default John Deere Classic

Was on the phone to Jason Day early this morning and he's primed for this weekends John Deere Classic. He's striking it well and his putter is on fire. He's not far away from getting married and i questioned him whether it was taking his mind away from golf. in answer he put his fiance Ellie on the phone who said he is playing brilliant and isnt doing a thing for the wedding. being a typical aussie bloke she said. so in that case i think my best bet of the week is him to make the cut.

John Deere Classic
Jason Day to make the Cut @ $1.48 (unitab)

While in the top Aussie it looks a race, on current form, between JD and John Senden. JD ($7) and Sendo ($4.5 fav) can probably settle for a average first round and improve into the weekend. James Nitties is a player in the market on unitab @ $11 however he wont be playing this week after he told me he 'twitched' a muscle in his neck last week trying to 'rip one 340m on the 9th.' He was probably the only danger to JD or Sendo so if u want to take the $4.5 and $7 i think thats the go.

Best Aussie
John Senden @ $4.5
Jason Day @ $7

For the win its no surprise Kenny Perry sits favourite with his outstanding form and victory a couple weeks ago and being the defending champion. having picked up 3 victories last season he's well on his way to another 3 this season with 2 already. Danger i think is Zach Johnson. After a blistering start to the season he is just starting to strike it consistently again. While David Toms is fast becoming my bogey man. At his latest second behind Perry 2 weeks ago i had 200 on him at $21 at the start and was spewing he didnt win. This weeks field is fairly week it looks like the winner will come from these three or Lucas Glover and Steve Stricker.

My bet Zach Johnson having a morning tee off. I think he can get out there and probably card 7 under to be among the leaders and finish the week off strong

Tournament Win
Zach Johnson @ $21