Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th July 2004, 10:15 AM

Kenchar, got to agree with what you have said there except stopping when you daily target is achieved. I say this only because if I bet this way it would be a disaster.

That said once a winning formula is found - that being a combination of a) selection method & b) wagering method - then happy days! & as you have said the opinion of others on that subject counts for naught!

I would add that after finding this site some time ago & reading every post that seemed vaguely relevant to what I was doing & trying to achieve that I finally was able to realize where my problems lay & why a once successful strategy had started to turn to ********, & that was mainly due to how I was betting not what I was betting on.

So, whilst when I first saw the name of this site I thought 'ah yeh right!', it turns out that there are a few of them here!

Whilst I am not up there with your figures Kenchar, any regular profit out of this game sure are sweet!

Ps – good to see people talking on here again, things seemed to go a bit quiet for a while there.

[ This Message was edited by: davez on 2004-07-16 10:15 ]
Old 16th July 2004, 06:03 PM

Puntz,
If you want to email me.
K**ch*r69auATyahoodotcomdotau
Merriguy,
50% of the time 1 bet :smile:
The other 50% like anyone else up and down, sometimes an all day grind :sad:
Somedays really good profits e.g .7 up and then snag say a 2.8 which gives me 2.5 points profit on the day :smile:
Other days battle all day and finish .5 up.
The worst days lose 3 points which is my cutoff point. :cry:
Thankfully this doesn't happen too often.
Old 16th July 2004, 11:58 PM

Only just caught your post, Kenchar. Thanks for that --- I was convinced that I would never get to the stage where almost always I had a winner in one bet. Glad to see (if I can put it that way :grin that you don't always win easily either! Appreciated.
Old 19th July 2004, 09:12 PM

Well i calculated a betting formula to suit making a $10 profit per race on the basis of a 4/1 winner with 20 bets in backup. Ends up costing $3000 approx taking into account that a winner paying 5 or 6/1 will multiply the profit considerably ....but is still not viable to risk 3k on making small amounts so this is going back to the drawing board