Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd June 2004, 01:07 PM

Hi Mr J,
I personally think OTP is a superb tipster.
In fact I wish he would charge for his tips and send them via SMS or by private login available to members only.
All I am saying is that people expecting to duplicate his profit figures are not being realistic. To have accounts with over 30 books is just not practical.
Does anyone know anything about PROPUN's replacement tipster?
Old 3rd June 2004, 02:29 PM
Banned

"In fact I wish he would charge for his tips"

I totally agree. I'd join up in no time.

"All I am saying is that people expecting to duplicate his profit figures are not being realistic. To have accounts with over 30 books is just not practical."

Yep I get you. If you an an aggressive shopper and very faster you can get close to or better prices. Not many other people other than a pro sportsbettor would be able to do this though.

For number of books I doubt most serious bettors use more than 8-10.

"Does anyone know anything about PROPUN's replacement tipster?"

Yep. I'm a member :wink: Not sure if Smartgambler wants it know publically yet though. I can tell you he's had a breakeven patch for a bit but has 3.5 year POT figure in double digits.
Old 3rd June 2004, 02:55 PM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-06-03 13:07, Rock Steady wrote:
In fact I wish he would charge for his tips and send them via SMS or by private login available to members only.

Shhh! Don't give him any ideas. Why would you prefer to pay for tips when you can get them for free?

As for the value part and those profit figures, I would never blindly bet on all of the tips anyway. He picks a LOT of upset results that I would never even contemplate. As I said on another thread, I take a look at all the matches and pick out what I think are good value bets. Then I look at the OTP tips and if he agrees, I bet. I've found that works out well for me.
Old 3rd June 2004, 04:34 PM

If OTP charged a fee it might keep the numbers down and hence the price might be easier to obtain. No guarantee though.
I have heard on the grapevine that OTP have been looking to charge for a while now - I think it is a matter of time.
Nothing this good stays free for long.

[ This Message was edited by: Rock Steady on 2004-06-03 16:35 ]
Old 3rd June 2004, 09:56 PM
Banned

I heard from someone that OTP is looking to charge soon, but Guy (from ozmuim) thinks OTP won't. Apparently they make more off the traffic through the site than what they could get in subscriptions. I don't know, I'd imagine they could charge at a nice price.